View Single Post
Old May 19, 2015, 11:20 PM   #10
TomInLa

A few of the variables that affect price are the fire rating, expressed as so many minutes at so many degrees. Also the thickness of the steel plate used, and on the door the number of bolts that extend into the frame. There needs to be sufficient bolts on all four sides of that door. Concealed hinges mean that they are hidden from view and a thieves' cutting tools.

Things like internal power connectors for lights and dehumidifiers are nice but will add to your cost. Some even have cat 5 network outlets inside them and I doubt if they give them away free either.

Lastly, if possible try to buy a bit bigger than you think you need today, that space goes fast.

Also, most big box stores like Cabela's, Bass Pro have local installers that will deliver inside your home and bolt it down where you want it. When I bought mine, they quoted $385 and I freaked out thinking it was exorbitant. I picked up at the back door using my truck and trailer and boy did I regret it. It was a circus act getting it off the trailer onto the garage floor before enough help was called upon to help me get it inside the house, and it only got to my office not the den where I envisioned it...It would have been a big PITA to remove doors and frames to make that happen.

YMMV, this is just my .02 worth. Good luck with your safe!

By the way, I love mine now and am super glad to have it. Cabela's brand is made for them, by Liberty Safes, which is a nationally recognized brand. Liberty customer service has been awesome to me in helping to get the interior perfect for my collection

Page generated in 0.03515 seconds with 8 queries