View Single Post
Old October 21, 2012, 01:05 PM   #15
F. Guffey

echokeb, the shell plate must be able to rotate after the shoulder bolt is secured, that would before the one way hex shaft is installed to the shell plate, to rotate the shell plate must be above the index/ locating rod/pin.

If the shell plate will not rotate when raised above the index pin before installing everything above the shell plate the problem has to be with the should bolt.

When securing a bolt that bottoms out it does not take much torque to pull the threads up from the bottom, the shoulder bolt is a bolt that has a stop, the stop prevents the bolt from causing the shell plate to lock up.

I use transfers, standards and verifying tools, I would cut a spacer and place it between the shoulder nut and seating surface onside the upper ram.

you could remove the upper ram (again) then try to secure the shell plate with the shoulder nut, once the shoulder nut is secured the shell plate should rotate in either direction, is a spacer is required the shoulder nut could be backed off until free running is acquired, I would use a feeler gage to determine the clearence between the shell plate and upper ram to determine the amount of clearance necessary..

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.03698 seconds with 8 queries