View Single Post
Old October 17, 2012, 03:37 AM   #2
10-96

All of the ctg's you listed will work fine in any single stage press with the exception of the 12ga.- That will need to need to be processed on it's own setup.

There's literally TONS of variations and alternatives to putting together a reloading setup. So, to avert any 'favorites' debates, as far as which brands of dies, scales, case prep tools, etc- let me most respectfully suggest grabbing a couple copies of reloading books off of amazon or some such source and studying those front to back before you proceed any furhter.
Two books I find very informative are "ABC's Of Reloading" and "Lyman 49th Edition Reloading Manual". Not only do they list many various loading recipes for your cartridges, but histories, used components, minimum and maximum loads. ALSO, in the front of these books are very detailed instructions, steps, considerations, and required equipment for reloading.

Once you and your missus have looked the books over, and get an understanding of the elements involved as far as time constraints, safety, reloading area setup, etc- THEN it will be so much easier for folks here to guide you through 'specific' issues rather than such a broad 'general' area.

For me, reloading is very much a worthwhile project, and highly enjoyable to boot. I don't knock folks who use progressive presses- I enjoyed one myself while I was the guy who cranked out practice and training ammunition for the Sheriff's Office I worked for. But, after 14 years of using my single stage- I still haven't graduated up to a progressive for my personal use. I enjoy the time and precision I get from the single stage (which happens to be a Lee and an obsolete Herter's by the way). Anyway, for the new reloader getting his/her basics down- I do recommend a single stage.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.03316 seconds with 8 queries