View Single Post
Old April 2, 2010, 03:43 AM   #20
SigP6Carry

You know what? I think this article is exactly what the gun community does not need. Why? Because I've been barfing the same old rhetoric, opinion and attitude for years in Feminist History Courses, independent student news papers, blogs, forums, bars, conversations, hookah lounges, gun ranges and anywhere else I can talk:
we don't need a left vs. right or a democrat vs. republican or conservative vs. progressive or pink vs. blue or communist vs. patriot or red vs. blue or anything like that. We need to all just be Americans and debate issues and problems as Americans, instead of as some arbitrary side. The people that hate guns aren't democrats or communists or pinkies or leftists or whatever: the people that hate guns are generally the pig headed and the uneducated. That doesn't mean that the other camp (of which I assume we all belong, which is a much better educated guess than to assume all of us on here are "conservative") doesn't have its pigheaded. We need to unite under issues and specific problems, not some banner that's marked by a political party.

As such, I find this article rather disenchanting. It actually offends me, myself being considered "liberal" by most "conservatives" and "conservative" by most "liberals," to see someone make so many awkward "anti-leftist statements" and leads me to believe it was written by a "conservative under the guise of a liberal."

But my major point is this: who the hell cares if you're left or right, what matters is the issues. You can be pro-choice, pro-gun, pro-welfare and still support troops, as such: you can be pro-life, anti-gun, anti-welfare and still support troops or any combinations of the options. Either way: you're still American. This article just further pigeonholes gun owners as one side vs. the other in the "left vs. right" debate.

So, that's my peace.

Page generated in 0.03327 seconds with 8 queries