View Single Post
Old September 20, 2014, 06:40 PM   #44
dayman

To clarify, I wasn't implying that one shouldn't be proficient at unarmed or armed cqc.

I was disagreeing with the notion that a sword or knife is in any way superior to a gun.
These threads come up front time to time and generally ignore the fact that - while blades are certainly dangerous - every scenario you can dream up where you come out on top with a knife would be even easier with a gun.

The 21' guy already has his knife out right?
No fun at all, but still preferable to him having a drawn gun.

I do carry a little pocket knife, but it's there to take care of difficult to open packages, and a pieces of knotted string rather than "goblins".

Admittedly my ideas may change as I age, but I'm fairly comfortable defending myself with just the weapons the good Lord and "momma dayman" gave me if for some reason I can't use my gun.
And I can draw my gun in less time than it would take me to fish around in my pocket for a knife and open it anyway.

But that all drifts away from the OP and for that I apologize. I do agree that cqc with a gun is something that should be trained more.
The last day class I went to we worked on incorporating a "get off me" push into our draw stroke, and shooting from retention.
So the training is out there if you look for it.

Page generated in 0.03604 seconds with 8 queries