View Single Post
Old July 7, 2013, 07:58 AM   #12
AK103K

Quote:
You will have to put new springs in I'd say. It's more than just dropping in a barrel
Both Glock and SIG, by design, use the same springs for 357SIG and .40S&W, and in Glocks case, the 9mm as well.

I had a bunch of SIG's in 357SIG, and I also had a .40S&W barrel for each of them. They were just a barrel swap, and there was never any indication there was a problem doing so.

I also had a Glock 31 in 357SIG, and it was beating itself to death from day one, just using 357SIG. The underside of the slide was peening heavily where it was impacting the locking block. I was told this was a common thing with the Glocks in .40, although I only ever saw a couple that showed wear in the same spot, but never saw any that looked like my 31. I was told that like the .40s that had it, the peening would eventually subside and stop, which mine never gave any indication of doing. I picked up a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel for it, and mostly shot that out of it until I got rid of it.

I have a number of Glock 17's, and at this point, one has over 50000 rounds of hot reloads, as well as a couple of thousand rounds of Winchester Ranger T 127 grain +P+, which is more than the 31 had 357SIG through it, and it shows nothing more than some slight "finish" wear in the same spot. It more of a discoloring that it is wear.

As far as pressures go, SAMMI doesnt have a listing for 9mm +P+, but it seems the major makers do have an idea where that is. I contacted Speer on a related issue when I first got into 357SIG, and their response was, 357SIG is a 40000psi round, and the 9mm +P+ is also a 40000psi round, and both would offer similar performance with similar weight bullets.

Now if that is in fact the case, I wonder why my 9mm Glocks seem to have no issue with battering, using ammo in the same pressure range as the 357SIG?

Page generated in 0.02958 seconds with 8 queries