View Single Post
Old February 21, 2013, 08:21 PM   #12
ClydeFrog

concealed carry/back-straps...

For general concealed carry/protection, I'd advise a DA only semi-auto with 3 dot night sights & backstraps if he has large hands.

Depending on his budget/$, skill level, carry style choices(cross draw, Shoulder, strong-side, pocket, etc, I'd look at these top brands.... NOTE: I lean toward the .357sig for protection-carry but the 9x19/9mm Luger, .40S&W or .45acp could work. The 10mm & .45GAP are okay but not as common.
Good choices include; the HK P30 or the P2000 LEM, the SIG Sauer P229R or P224 DAK format. Note; you can get .22LR kits & change the barrels for .357sig/.40S&W for a SIG Sauer P226/P229 model, www.SIGSauer.com .
You could train or plink with cheap(or as in 2013, less expensive) .22LR then convert to a .40 or potent .357sig.
The S&W SD9 or SD40 could be good. With added Trijicon HD 3 dot night sights. www.Trijicon.com
I like the Smith and Wesson M&P line too. I bought a new M&P 9x19mm in 2011 but didn't get to use it a lot.
The Beretta PX4 C(constant action) in .40 or 9x19mm is good. They are available with Trijicon HD night sights also.

I'd get a spur-less design to aid carry & to prevent false claims of panic or being reckless & "cocking" a semi auto pistol. DA only sidearms are now in use by 100s of sworn LE agencies & armed professionals. You could avoid a lot of civil issues or criminal investigation problems by using a DA only sidearm.

Use only factory made, well engineered handgun rounds too. Speer Gold Dot, DPX, PowRball, Remington Golden Saber, Ranger-T/T Series, Hornady Critical Duty.
Any selected carry rounds shoud be proven or perform well in the FBI protocol T&Es.

Clyde

Page generated in 0.03662 seconds with 8 queries