View Single Post
Old April 18, 2001, 02:15 PM   #4
Alex Johnson

Hi Jim, the button on the top of the frame is there alright. I pushed it down like you said and it did take the tension off the slide. The problem I have now is that there is not button on the right side of the frame. All I have right now is a screw (that appears to be captured). The screw does look like it has seen a lot of use. The previous owner had really messed up the slot and scratched up the area around it which is one reason I want to refinish it, but for the life of me I can't seem to make the slide come off the frame. I wonder if the screw is even supposed to be there or if it is just a replacement for the button you talk about. If it is, I can't seem to make it depress. I admit, I'm lost on this one. I could just start taking parts off the gun, but I never have liked doing that when I don't know how the thing goes back together. Anyway, if you have any insights into this I would definitely appreciate them. Thanks for your help.

George, I see the pin and the barrel will most likely come off when I can get the slide removed. Thanks for the information.

Page generated in 0.02260 seconds with 8 queries