View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 12:08 AM   #1
540EdgeFlyer

NGD! Sig 1911-22

Went two weeks ago to my favorite gun shop, Olde English Outfitters, looking to buy a Kimber Custom II. After handling the Kimber for a bit, I realized it just didn't "do it" for me, so I started looking at more expensive 1911s. And then unfortunately decided that I didn't want to spend $1200+ that day.

Not wanting to go home empty handed, I looked around at some other pistols, and had always wanted a cheap to shoot 1911, so the Sig caught my eye. After pulling the trigger once or twice, I pulled the trigger, and bought it. $399.

That was 2 weeks ago, and today I finally got a chance to take it to the range. I was feeding it Winchester white box hp ammo. I got to the range late, and only had about 40 minutes.... split between the new 22, and my springfield .45, but I did get to put 5 full magazines (50 rounds) thru the Sig, with zero problems. The gun was flawless right out of the box. The only problem I had was that it seemed to shoot aprox 2 inches low at 7 yards. It came with 3 different front blade sights of differing heights, so I'll probably swap to the next shorter one before my next range trip.

That being said, the little pistol shot very regular groups of about 1-1.5" at 7 yards which is about all the better I can shoot regardless of the gun. So I'd say the gun is capable of more accuracy that I am.

I've never owned a 1911 with the curved backstrap before, and I find it very comfortable, even though I don't really like the looks, but it's a minor thing.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. This is my only .22 handgun, and I really like the idea of being able to go to the range, and spend several hours shooting, and only spend $10 on ammo!

I plan on putting substantially more rounds thru it later in the week, I'll give an update then. If today is any indication, I expect nothing but trouble free operation.

Good Job Sig / GSG!!

Page generated in 0.03209 seconds with 8 queries