View Single Post
Old July 10, 2011, 08:03 PM   #29
BrittB

The only new one I have is a Stoeger Condor O/U 12 gauge which I've put around 100-150 rounds through so far and it works great, $329. The second one is a JC Higgins model 20 12 gauge pump that been shortend to 18 1/2" and has a pistol grip on the butt. It's my HD special and shoots like a dream, $25 but required a deep cleaning. My last one is a High Standard model 200 12 gauge pump that is all original but needed trigger block repair. Great shotgun that is smooth as butter, $60.
I really like finding the parts guns and bring them back to life. The Dept. store guns can be a great find at $40-$50 in need of repair or a good deep clean. If it's over my head as far as what I'm able to do, I pass on them. I bought a Remington 581s .22lr that was a bit rough for $50. I cleaned it up, redid the stock, and added some extras like a scope to it for a total cost of $90. Now it's my favorite rifle. You don't have to spend a mint on a gun if you don't want to but you do need to pass on the junk and pounce on the diamonds in the rough.
I have no problems spending money on guns I like and if I have the money, will drop a dime in a hurry but there's something really fun about bringing one back from near death.

Page generated in 0.04718 seconds with 8 queries