Thread: Daewoo DP-51
View Single Post
Old November 20, 2013, 09:38 PM   #12
Walt Sherrill

I've had several, and they're solid guns. My first DP-51 was exceptionally accurate, but someone made me an offer I couldn't resist. The second was good, but not AS good. I had a DH-40, too. OK, but nothing stellar -- but I wasn't shooting .40 particularly well at that time, so it may have been me and not the gun.

Someone mentioned that the one he shot seemed "unfinished." I've always been impressed with fit and finish on the DaeWoo guns. I thought they looked like S&W 2nd or 3rd Generation guns made in a SIG factory.

The DP51 and DH40 have an unusual trigger/fire control system using a hinged trigger: 1) you can shoot it from hammer down in typical double action mode. 2) you can shoot if from cocked and locked in the traditional SA mode. Or, 3) you can cock the hammer, then push it forward; this leaves the hammer spring partially cocked but the hammer down. You then pull the trigger which has a very OBVIOUS step/stage, and the hammer flies back and you can then pull on through with the normal SA shot. It sounds complicated but when doing it's easily staged and work well. It makes the hammer down SA lighter and easier than DA, but not quite as light as SA.

Page generated in 0.02330 seconds with 8 queries