View Single Post
Old November 30, 2001, 07:05 PM   #1
Danny45

Wiley: Wrong place, wrong time!

I just love to pop a cap on Wiley Coyote. I'd almost rather do that then deer hunt! In fact, the guys in my deer camp usually tease each other about their misses, etc, on deer. They don't say to much to me because I usually bust a coyote every trip. Even if I don't see a deer, Wiley usually pops up at the wrong time!! So far, I've gotten four, the next closest is two. Longest shot was 250 yards, shortest (also my first one) was about 5 yards. That was horizontal distance. He was about 10 yards below me though as I was sitting on a bluff, and he came in and bedded directly below me!!

This year, I'd already taken a fairly nice 6 pointer and was gunnin' for a doe. The doe problem is bad in Oklahoma this year and they're even having a special gun hunt for "does only" at the end of December!!! (that's rare)

Anyways, I was heading back to the blind to wait for Mrs. Buckmeister to come thru when I spots me a coyote standing in the wide open. Now it's 2 o'clock in the afternoon and everybody knows that no self-respectin' coyote is supposed to be out wandering around at that time of day!!!! So I pull up the 300 Win Mag (brand new this year and already has a buck to it's credit) and squeeze off the trigger!!! I rocked back and Wiley is knocked over!! I get out the rangefinder and it's 154 yards. The wind was blowin' pretty hard and it must have blown the 150 grain bullet off course (only feasible explanation ) because it went in just in front of his right shoulder. He was quartering away from me, left to right when I shot. That Hornady SST blew the entire side of his neck out.

Needless to say, there was a bunch of howlin' that night as all his buddies was tryin' to find him!!!!

Page generated in 0.02266 seconds with 8 queries