View Single Post
Old January 9, 2010, 01:50 AM   #10
trooper3385

A monkey run across a field while I was deer hunting in south Texas. There use to be a company that raised monkeys and sold them for testing that's not too far away. So it wasn't unheard of to see monkeys running around that had made the great escape, but still a little surprising to see while deer hunting.
Another story that didn't actually happen to me but is a little unusual. We recieved a call from a deer hunter that was bow hunting from a tree stand and saw a naked man walk by his stand. The guy never noticed the hunter in the stand. We walked this brush for about 2 miles looking for this guy. Never found him but we did find a homeless camp. This area was pretty much in the middle of no where, so it was a little strange.
Another strange story that didn't actually happen to me but I went to the call. This was in the same area as the naked guy. A hunter had not been in his deer blind since the end of the last deer season. Opening day, he goes to climb in his tower blind and finds a dead man in his blind that had been there for several months!! Turns out it was a homeless guy again that had died of a heart attack.

Page generated in 0.02485 seconds with 8 queries