View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 01:41 AM   #13
haliwa04

Re: Hmmm What Would You Do????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton24b View Post
just how did you mess that sw up by cleaning it?

well there is no way to force her to keep the sw as her only weapon. if you try to "this is all you need' your going to have as bad a time as telling her she doesnt need to go shopping anymore.

however dont sell it. its a good little firend to have. shell grow on it when ammo costs with that semi auto she wants to get comes into play.
I completely stripped it, and somewhere in the process(at 2am, the hammer jammed into the cylinder release)
. I'm not trying to force her to have only this one gun. I want her to have a semi so she can come plink and practice with me and the rest of the gang, without destroying her hand. I just want her to get over the "ive got to sell one to buy one" logic. Maybe dress the guns up in shoe leather or put Louis vuitton on it. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailGator View Post
If you want to keep the 642, it should be yours, and she should have what she wants and enjoys shooting.

The 642 is not a real fun handgun for a lot of people. My wife and both my daughters really disliked mine. They enjoy just about every semi they have shot more. The light weight made the recoil objectionable to them, and the heavy double action trigger and short barrel and sight radius makes it a difficult handgun to shoot well.

The upshot is that if she wants a semi, she might have a good reason. She has to like her gun.
She loves the airweight, just the simplicity of it, the fact that she shoots it very well(3" groups at 15-20yds well), and the safety of the da trigger. She just sees the practicality of having a semi auto for plinking, and if the situation ever arises, the capacity possibilities of a 9mm compact. I almost had her take a Sig 250 home a couple weeks ago, but spending $500 at one time made her queasy. Lol. How many women do you know, or men for that matter, would turn down a new $5-600 toy? She's working up the nerve though. I see a bigger safe in our future.
She would like to trade it for a 442, since its already black in color, but I made a friend recently that does duracoat. So hopefully, once she sees it in black, with neon green accents and zombie grips, she'll forget saying anything about getting rid of it. I know if it turns pink, she will definitely hand it to me. I handed her a black ar with a pink and purple splash design, and she asked the shop clerk if she broke the gun on my head, would they make her pay for it.

Page generated in 0.02483 seconds with 8 queries