View Single Post
Old February 17, 2014, 05:43 PM   #25
buck460XVR

Printing and accessibility is a concern regardless of weather or the season. A pocket holster works just as well in a coat pocket as it does in cargo shorts. I've used a piece of cardboard in my tight fitting motorcycle jacket to hide the outline of a J-Frame in the chest pocket when the pocket holster did not work. Many winter coats have a inside chest pocket that offers good access when the zipper is down partway.

I've found that I am conscious of printing much more than others see me printing. I've also found that after carrying for a while, one loses that fear that everyone is looking at them and the gun in their pocket. Open carry is legal here and I've found that for the most part, I can carry a full size 1911 in a shoulder holster and most folks don't realize what they 'ell I got. Those that do...don't seem to care. There are times when I wear a loose fitting button down shirt over a t-shirt while wearing the shoulder rig. I'll leave the shirt unbuttoned for the most part with only enough buttoned up to cover the rig while still allowing for access. Many times I will carry a J-Frame, as either a primary or a BUG on an ankle holster. Not the fastest of accessibility, but better than nuttin'.

Page generated in 0.02464 seconds with 8 queries