View Single Post
Old November 14, 2011, 11:24 AM   #4
Baba Louie

So... it depends totally on State Law with Fed law taking a/the backseat... and since States Laws vary, there is no one size fits all solutions. i.e., SCOTUS saying the discrepancies between states in this regard is fine and well and business as usual?

Again, pardon my ignorance. I suppose if one commits a felonious act that violates Federal Law where State law says things are fine (medical Pot for instance or domestic violence conviction or restraining order by ex-spouse) then ones goose is cooked forever and always, 2nd amendment wise?

It's a pandoras box to me, and I assume lawmakers, lawyers, judges and LEOs, all of whom work within the legal system, each know their portion of the equation... (I admit I'm so stupid I don't even know how to phrase a proper question)
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address

Page generated in 0.03586 seconds with 8 queries