Thread: Reloading 308
View Single Post
Old December 14, 2000, 12:41 AM   #9
El Rojo

I like the V-max 110's and Speer TNT HP 125's.

I have shot numerous squirrels with the Hornady 110gr V-max with great success. When I shoot them at paper though, they don't seem to hold as good as a group as I would like. They destroy squirrels though and the two rabits I shot made me feel really bad due to the extreme violence of the bullet destroying the rabbit.

I ordered 500 of the Speer 125gr TNT HP and they hold better groups on paper that the 110's. They seem to do just as good as a job on squirrels and there are 5 coyotes now that really dislike that bullet. It just blows huge holes in coyotes and they don't go far. I had one frontal shot that left no exit wound. I figured his inside must have been complete mush!

For target I use the Sierra 168 HPBT match moly with great results. I have shot several sub moa groups using my reloads and the 168's. I used some Hornady 178 A-max for a 100 yard shoot with my Rem 700 VS and was really pleased with the results. I shot a 385-10x for my first 1000 yard shoot just shooting off of my Harris Model L bipod. It was a heck of a lot of fun. I just ordered a 500 pack of the Sierra 175 HPBT moly match and if I get a chance to shoot them this weekend, I will update you on how they did.

The .308 is a very versitile round with numerous uses. I hope you have a good reloaded (I have the Dillon 550B) and plenty of time on your hands. You have plenty to play with.

Page generated in 0.02666 seconds with 8 queries