View Single Post
Old December 7, 1998, 03:06 PM   #5
Rob Pincus

Sorry, I meant that it was unfortunate that the major manufacturers aren't offering a holster for the Buckmark, with countless thousands of them in the marketplace. I suppose it is not really a gun meant to be "carried" and most users will keep it in a gun bag or a hardside case to and from the range, using an Unlce Mikes type holster while shooting perhaps.

Since you brought it up. I would be unlikely to spend very much money on a holster for some relatively costly guns. For example, I have two model 41s that have been worked on in the performance center, but I wouldn't bother to buy a decent holster for them, as I never carry those guns. I put the Buckmark in a similar category, though it might make a great camp gun it would not likely be my first choice.

There is much to be said, IMHO, for a bit of penny pinching when it comes to accessories. I wish I could trade in a lot of seldom used leather and other accessories (what was I thinking when I bought G&G shoulder holster for a Desert Eagle ?!?) for a couple of extra firearms. Of course, I don't apply this theory to self-defense carry or duty gear, but for plinking at the range, give me the cheapo plated .22LR and the nylon holster for my dirty .22 semi-auto any day!
Fit and Finish is nice, but Function is really the main thing for me.

------------------
-Essayons

Page generated in 0.02757 seconds with 8 queries