View Single Post
Old March 16, 2009, 04:31 PM   #1
edistomick

Just dropped my handgun!

I've been carrying for about 10 years, mostly IWB, but today I was trying a shoulder holster I have had for years (but it never "fit me"), and decided to revisit that carry method.
Well, I holstered my Bersa 380, and was turning to grab my jacket, when I felt it fall out and head straight for the tile floor!!
It happened in slow motion and I just stared until it hit, and for a while afterward.
It didn't fire, didn't break, or anything of the sort, but I have never dropped a firearm before. I couldn't tell if it hit hammer or back of grip first and am well aware of the fallacy of all guns dropped fire. Still...
The shoulder holster came with a quick-release retention strap, but I have removed it for use on an OWB rig, and the handgun felt snug for the few minutes I was testing the fit (I know---dumb!) of the shoulder rig until I reached for my jacket.
Well, it scared me and made me chastise myself. My dog of 12 yrs was out of the room before it hit, then came back, looked at me staring at the gun on the floor, and walked away again while shaking her head.

Anyone else have a non-event scare in front of a witness?

Anyone know of a way to redeem myself to my smarter-than-me golden retriever?

Page generated in 0.02097 seconds with 8 queries