View Single Post
Old January 16, 2014, 06:27 AM   #6
5-SHOTS

Quote:
Have you tried the small spring department of the local hardware store?
I needed a hammer spring for an old rifle and danged if they didn't have one that worked perfectly.
It was a little too long, but otherwise right on the mark.
Thanks g.willikers, I've just e-mailed Weihrauch Germany and they asked me my address, hopefully to send me a different spring. Anyway I'll also try what you suggested.

Quote:
Unfortunately, a longer or heavier spring will also make the trigger pull heavier. One solution might be to try a different kind of ammo. Often target ammo or standard velocity ammo has case brass that is thinner than that of high velocity ammo and will fire with a lighter hammer blow.

Jim
Thanks Jim, I'm aware of the havier trigger pull, but I've decided I prefere that over unreliability. Even when new the trigger pull of my Weihrauch was surprisingly light for a rimfire revolver and that could be the problem...
I've also tried different type of ammo. The only 100% reliable ammo I found when I want to shoot DA is Fiocchi 40gr. MAXAC that is almost always available at my local gun shop. I simply don't want to limit my choices of ammo. I'm also aware that probably my revolver is made to be basically a SAO gun, so maybe the problem it's ME .
Anyway I have a plan B: get a Ruger LCR22 .

Thanks to everybody, other suggestions and news about aftermarket springs will be appreciated.

Best regards, 5-SHOTS.

Page generated in 0.03831 seconds with 8 queries