Thread: Remington Rand
View Single Post
Old September 13, 2011, 04:20 AM   #13
p99guy

I have found over time that there is a fine line between collecting, and hoarding....in its strictest form it works out to "keeping it nice for you estate sale". We are on earth a short time and a properly maintained firearm of the wood and steel variaty will well be still usable in 300 years ,aside from the odd spring or two that gives out.
Nobody that built a military contract firearm in WW2 would have in thier wildest dreams considered them as anything other than to use for thier intended purpose...telling them you would never be shooting it, handle it only with white cotton gloves, and keeping it in a vault would have gotten you hauled to a sanitorium lol.
while obviously some firearms due to historic use, are best left to high dollars auction houses...45 Lugers used in army trials , and the like.
But G.I. 1911's were everyday utilitarian guns that were not babied by uncle sam....while I would never destroy one to make a racegun, I would on occasion shoot it...be cause the guy at my estate sale probly will, and why should he have the fun I didnt allow myself?
I have a Sterling Armament MK8...only 70 in the world, of that ,only 55 are not in the Royal Arms Collection at Leeds. It had been shot when I got it, and I too on occasion shoot it.

Page generated in 0.02183 seconds with 8 queries