View Single Post
Old August 20, 2011, 09:19 AM   #1
rangerryda

M1A1 Paratrooper Carbine

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm posting because I've come across a family owned M1 Paratrooper Carbine. It's the first generation from what I can tell because it has no adjustment knobs for the rear flip sight. Overall, my novice opinion of antique weapons says this is in great shape. I know for a fact it is non restored/modified and period correct. It does fire accurately with no malfunctions and smooth bolt action. The only "problem" is the front band (no bayonet lug)/sling loop needs to be fixed or replaced. The screw and sling loop are fine but the metal band is cracked just where it's no longer "laminated" to the inner band just on top. I'll post up some pictures when I go take a look at it again.

Another concern is on the handgrip (not on the pistol grip portion) the paratrooper that was issued the rifle in WWII etched his name "Jimmy" into the side. I don't want to replace it because it adds a little nostalgia factor but I'm wondering if it affects value.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me proof marks, serial numbers and other identifying factors so I (and we as a community) can properly value the weapon. It's priceless to the family but for insurance reasons and pure gee whiz we'd all like to know what it's worth and as much history behind it as possible.

Thank you all in advance!

Last edited by rangerryda; August 20, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.02513 seconds with 8 queries