View Single Post
Old July 17, 2011, 05:48 PM   #3
Rustynail416

Cylinder still not opening

Thank you, lee n. field.

There is a latch on left side that I failed to mention before. Its design suggests pushing it forward but I can only pull it back slightly. Nothing appears to release and it is not moving much. The grip appears to be designed for pushing as you said. There is a screw in the center of it and a small projection to the front. It does not rotate either.

Thus this latch is not moving forward. I expect the cylinder to rotate out to the left as it appears that the parts pivot ahead of the trigger guard.

I note that there is a small lever under the cylinder that locks the cylinder in place but drops down as the hammer is pulled back. Then the cylinder rotates freely by hand, the release is as would be expected in firing. Since the gun is loaded, I have not pulled the hammer back very far. I left an empty place at the hammer - 5 shells loaded.

Below the rear of the cylinder on the left side of the gun is a round pin that has part of the end of it removed so that maybe a tool can fit onto it for some reason. It does not push in by hand.

Ahead of the cylinder there is a round rod that extends from the center line of the cylinder toward the front of the barrel that has a narrow finger grip grooving but that seem rigid in place.

I was hoping to release the cylinder without pulling the hammer back. Not aware of a safety either.

Seems it should be easy to open but. . .

Page generated in 0.03606 seconds with 8 queries