View Single Post
Old November 30, 2009, 02:44 AM   #68
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
And sorry, but everything you have pointed to seems to be purely for the purpose of making things easier on yourself, as opposed to really getting to the bottom of the actual law. Which is all beside the point that it is in all probability legally improper for a local LEO or RO (at a public range) to ask for your papers anyway,
I wasn't law enforcement; I was placed in charge of private property by the owner. I had a legal right (and obligation) to refuse service to anyone, including people who were just too uptight. I also booted people, at various times, for wearing offensive clothing, having swastika tattoos, being intoxicated or acting irresponsible.

Not having documentation for an NFA weapon? That was also on the list. File it under, 'covering one's posterior.'

There is an alternative to complaining, which rarely changes anything. It involves getting politically active and doing something about the issue. Develop a relationship with your congressman. Consider joining any of the 2nd Amendment groups active in your area.

I happen to be intimately familiar with the NFA and its history. It's bad law on many levels, and it needs to be challenged. In the meantime, we're left with an oppressive system that assumes criminal wrongdoing in the absence of a plausible defense. The best defense is to simply have your paperwork on you.

Page generated in 0.03401 seconds with 8 queries