View Single Post
Old September 11, 2013, 05:00 PM   #37
LIBERTY

For many years I shot low and medium priced rifles and while they were good enough they all required some work to get them to shoot accurately. Then I bought a Browning Stainless Stalker in 3006 caliber and I'll never need another rifle. Since the metal is stainless and the stock is fiber I don't have to worry about all the rain that is part and parcel of the hunting conditions in the N.W. The rifle shot 5/8" 5 shot groups right out of the box!!!! That was with inexpensive Federal ammo that I bought just to fire form the brass so that I had something to reload. Trigger was clean and didn't need any work at all. Although I could have adjusted it easily if need be. It's taken 9 elk with 9 shots and I was only able to recover 2 of the Barnes TSX bullets the other 7 being pass thru's. I use 180 gr Barnes TSX bullets and they are AWSOME!!!!The 2 I did recover were shot between the hams and the bullets went completely lengthwise thru the animal ending up at the base of the skull, perfectly mushroomed with virtually no weight loss!!! If I already had an 06 as you do I'd buy it in .243 win and load it with Barnes TSX bullets. Try it you will like it!!!!

Page generated in 0.02838 seconds with 8 queries