View Single Post
Old February 12, 2013, 11:03 AM   #1
FoghornLeghorn

For those of you who complain about shooting while wearing progressive lenses.

I wear progressive lenses. When I shoot pistols I use the Weaver stance which means I look out of the upper corner of my eyeglass lens. The problem is that the upper corner of the lens is distorted, plus, the top section of the lens is for long range. When I look at the front sight, I have to use the mid range.

With progressive lenses this whole process necessitates holding my head at a really awkward angle to find the correct portion of the lens.

I had toyed with the idea of just getting some glasses corrected for mid range, but then I wouldn't be able to see the target. Or much of anything else for that matter.

So my optometrist configured a pair of glasses specifically for shooting guns w/iron sights. Both lenses are corrected for long range, but he inserted something called a "golfer's segment" in the upper corner of one lens. This is a circle that's corrected for mid range and it works great.

I tried it yesterday on a Combat Commander, a Mark 4/Series 70, and a Sig 716. All with iron sights. It makes all the difference in the world.

Page generated in 0.04470 seconds with 8 queries