View Single Post
Old January 28, 2013, 03:07 PM   #9
WeedWacker

Location: Body: Clarkston, Washington. Soul: LaCrosse, Wisconsin
School in Washington State: Seattle Firearms Institute has good reviews. If you want to get training you do need to go out of your way to get it. You might need to take time off to get that weekend of training. And I would not consider tactical competitions training. There is no coaching which is what the school will do for you.

Video: Search for Panteo productions "Make Ready" series (I got one with Pat Rodgers and one with Travis Haley when I bought my last BCM upper. Good info.)

The Magpul "Art of" videos are good if you can get them.

From your description you could combine the Varmint/Outside HD/Inside HD with either an AR-15 or a shotgun. An AR-15 in 5.56 with a larger caliber upper, say .300 AAC or 7.62x39, would serve for deer hunting as well as varmints, be they two legged or otherwise. A 20 gauge shotgun minimizes meat damage in deer but provides adequate payload for other applications. I know my Mossberg 500 with a rifled barrel and Winchester Supreme sabots can hit paper plate accuracy at 150 yards, and you are unlikely to be shooting past 100 yards despite where you hunt. (personal experience, I've only seen and had one opportunity to take an ethical shot at over 200 yards, the rest has been 100 and under)

Page generated in 0.03228 seconds with 8 queries