View Single Post
Old November 2, 2011, 06:57 PM   #24
Lost Sheep

How about a turret?

Quote:
coltonjdavis
What would you suggest for a single stage reloader then for loading 250-500 rounds per month for .45 ACP?
I wouldn't suggest a single stage for that task. I would suggest splitting the difference between Single Stage and Progressive with an Auto-indexing Turret press.

You can use the Turret press EXACTLY as if it were a single stage if you want, very easily. Just don't turn the turret. (On the autoindexing turrets you remove a single part. Takes about 20 seconds and no tools. Putting it back takes about 30 seconds and no tools.) Then you do batch processing just like a single stage, but instead of changing dies, you just manually rotate the turret head one position.

But if you want to do continuous processing and go faster than 50-60 rounds per hour, use the auto-indexing feature. You can go 200 rounds per hour (I only do about 150, personally, but others are faster than I) that way.

Just a thought.

Check this thread:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467019

the links in posts 14 and 17 take you to a lot of reading, so get a large mug of coffee or whatever you drink while you read and think, settle in and enjoy.

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.03662 seconds with 8 queries