Thread: .357sig
View Single Post
Old March 17, 2014, 01:36 PM   #143
Airborne Falcon

Quote:
Deaf Smith posted:

I suspect the .357 Sig expands to the .63 call earlier, after impact, than the 9mm and thus does more damage. Yes same penetration but more volume of damage for that amount of penetration.

And I'm not sure the rounds I specified for the .357 Sig give just 12 inches of penetration either.

And adding 10 to 20 percent more velocity and about 25 percent more energy, with the same excellent bullet construction is not a bad thing.

The catch is one has to decide how much clout .vs. control they can balance. Some may not be able to handle a .357 Sig from a such small package as a Shield. My Glock 33 is within my capabilities shooting fast one handed. For some people though it may be to much for them.

Deaf
I did some waterjug tests this past weekend with 9mm out of my SIG P226, 40 S&W and SIG 357 out of my SIG P229 DAK SAS, and various handloads I rolled-up out of my S&W 686-6 in both 38+P and 357 Mag.

As expected, various results with the various loads and manufacturers and pill types ... but I can absolutely declare here that the SIG 357 Winchester Ranger-T was the most impressive in terms of expansion. Perfect talons, perfect uniform expansion, just beautiful. 3 jug penetration, which was the least of those mentioned above, but with the expansion it gave I don't mind the over-penetration issues.

I'll have to take pictures and share them.

Page generated in 0.02323 seconds with 8 queries