View Single Post
Old April 27, 2012, 09:57 PM   #8
insomni

Camelbak makes really good tactical packs, so does Maxpedition. If you want the REAL high end of the spectrum, London Bridge Trading Company and Tactical Tailor. I've got an ACU Camelbak bag that I've had since 2007, and STILL has no holes. I just picked up a Maxpedition in tan, and it seems to be really well designed and durable so far.

Blackhawk! is really hit or miss. Their personnel retention lanyards are great, but I had my chest rig come apart in Iraq WHILE on a foot patrol when i was trying to tighten a buckle. No, the buckle didn't break, the entire seam holding the buckle on completely deconstructed, and left the front pannel (with my mags, radio, etc) flapping. Thank God for 550cord and 100mph tape. I've also had pouches shred and fall apart under normal (stressful combat situations) where the TAG pouches I had on at the same time were fine. Their boots fall apart in a harsh desert/urban environment... a few bad experiences with them, and I never felt too inclined to dish out the hefty amount of cash for one of their assault bags.

Page generated in 0.03798 seconds with 8 queries