View Single Post
Old August 19, 2012, 05:35 PM   #165
orionengnr

First handgun I ever bought, a used Rossi M-68(?)69? back about 1982.
Cylinder would un-latch and move open about 1/8" after each fired round, and when you attempted to pull the trigger for the next shot, nothing happened.
Slap the cylinder closed and repeat the process...
After trying to fix it on my own (changing ejector, springs, pins, etc,) a 'smith told me it would cost more to fix than it was worth.

I took a six-pound sledge hammer to it and got my satisfaction (or vengeance). Then I tossed it in a lake. Since I did not fill out or attach a Proposition 65 warning (this object uses XXX, which has been proven to cause cancer in everything on God's Green Earth), I am probably in violation of one or more California statutes...good thing I have no plans on returning.

I have bought others that cost a whole lot more and performed equally poorly...several Colt 1911s, four Kel-Tecs, a Charles Daly (RIA/Armscor) 1911, and a Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm that, had it been a cheaper gun, would have gone the way of the Rossi. Instead, I kept spending money on it until it was fixed (thank you, Ken Crawley and Dave Severns) ...I have no plans on selling it, partially because I need to at least have some good times with it to balance the expenditures incurred...

Page generated in 0.02289 seconds with 8 queries