View Single Post
Old August 26, 2011, 08:37 AM   #12
GWS

From the hundreds of threads and posts that I've read on three reloading forums over the last three years from users with questions and problems with their casefeeders, I would say the Dillon case feeder is a lot less troublsome. On the other hand, many Hornady users who had problems with their feeders eventually get used to them. Hornady lovers obviously enjoy the other features for why they chose that press.

There is not a case feeder for my RCBS Pro 2000 which is fine with me, as I never intended on automating both sides. When I bought the press I had to make a choice, as all have, as to what design features I preferred for my style and needs; and on the other side of the coin, which undocumented features (they all have those too) that I could live with or best work around. The thing is...there is no such thing as a perfect progressive. On the other hand each of the big three are excellent in their own individual way.

If you think you need to automate both sides, then Dillon and Hornady are the choices. But don't be tempted to do haul ass reloading, because you can. Use the time the lack of those finger operations allows you during reloading, to scrutinize the powder loads in each and every case closer. That's the real advantage of automating both sides. Being better able to pay attention to details...if you will.

For me RCBS's faster, safer APS primer loading system (the reason they don't have a case loader) was and is the feature of choice for me. Everybody's needs are different.

jmorris...great pictures....got to go to work and get my crews assigned and sent out....will analyse them a little later....thanks! Looks cool.

Page generated in 0.03228 seconds with 8 queries