Thread: rcbs equipment
View Single Post
Old February 9, 2013, 04:23 PM   #15
Lost Sheep

Welcome to the forum and thanks for asking our advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewaterlover
rcbs equipment
what are your opinions on rcbs equipment? I'm thinking a single stage press to start with -- never loaded metallic cartridges, only shotgun. I don't plan to load high volume, probably several thousands rounds a year -- mostly 9mm, 38 and 40 cal. Some rifle -- 7m rem mag, 30-06 and 300 win mag.
RCBS is terrific. But Hornady, Redding and Lee all make excellent presses of comparable quality and strength.

(Pre-emptively, since Lee has many detractors who do not recognize the fact that Lee caters to different needs at different price ranges) I am talking about the Lee Classic Cast single stage press, not the Aluminum Challenger or the Lee Reloader "C" frame press.

If you are set on a single stage press, don't leave out consideration of the Forster Co-Ax.

However, seeing that your list of cartridges includes two semi-auto handgun cartridges, I would suggest a press that can do both batch processing for your rifle cartridges and continuous processing for your higher-volume cartridges.

A turret press.

Redding, Lyman, RCBS all make good turret presses, but Lee makes the only turret presses that auto-index. The Lee Deluxe Turret is an older design and the Lee Classic Turret is the superior of the two and my recommendation for you.

Good Luck

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.03111 seconds with 8 queries