View Single Post
Old April 12, 2012, 02:38 PM   #12
dyl

Part of my thinking about raising POI has to do with RClark's comment - It's good to know that if I do my part the results will show. It's a challenge and I'd have to think that improving with a snub nose would improve my marksmanship in general. (that trigger!) If I don't get recognized more for working harder, why bother? If my shots are going to be all over the place, why bother trying harder? (I'm lazy) - But the good news is that the groups are tight, it was just the elevation.

The other thing is that the groups were 3.5 inches (center of the group) low at 5 yards. The lowest individual shots were a little over 4 inches low. That's pretty low to me at such a close range. I'd think that 3.5-4 inches could potentially miss a vital target that otherwise would have hit. And under stress if I do manage to use sights (IF) I probably won't remember my Kentucky Elevation.

In the warmer weather this little snub nose will likely be my EDC the majority of days. So whether it's 7 yards to poker table distance I'd better be happy with my shot placement.

Oh yes, my indoor range has a funny rule (first I'd ever heard of it) - that the minimum shooting distance past the firing line / counter top is at 5 yards. I couldn't practice closer if I wanted to

markr + Rifleman - I haven't really tried point shooting. Every time a point shooting thread appears it's really controversial and draws a lot of flak. I wonder if my range doesn't have a rule about that too.

M&P45 - I'd heard of trail boss. Why a small rifle primer? And what company's cast bullets do you use? I've looked at bulletsdirect.com and mastercast. And I've heard of missouri bullet.

Page generated in 0.04293 seconds with 8 queries