View Single Post
Old February 5, 2011, 02:18 AM   #1
semi_problomatic

Bad hunter. Bad game warden?

Last month my dad was on a draw hunt. He had to drive for hours, pay for a hotel etc. After setting up his climbing stand, that he had to carry out there, he hears dogs running (out of dog season) and some shots behind him, but fairly close. His hunt was ruined so he climbed out and was leaving when he came across those dog hunters. It was a man and his 9 yr old son; with their spike. (Supposed to be no less than a 4 point). They were about to field clean the deer, while the deer was still alive. Had the deer up on a spreader bar, WHILE IT WAS STILL ALIVE. Dad told him to cut its throat, even offered his knife. Game warden shows up; guy said he was hunting squirrels with the dogs and just happened to come across the deer and shot it. All the game warden did was take the deer. Is that all the game warden could do? I mean, hunting ethics aside, taking a deer with dogs out of season and an illegally sized deer... Dad said the only reason the warden took the deer was because he was raising so much cane about it. You'd think the guy would've lost his hunting license at the very least.

I had posted this as a reply, but didn't want to hijak the thread.

Page generated in 0.02798 seconds with 8 queries