View Single Post
Old December 9, 2011, 12:16 PM   #27
TexasJustice7

Quote:
TexasJustice 7, didn't mean to sound snarky with you, but I have heard of CHL carriers confronting owners of businesses about their non-compliant signs only to return and find legal, compliant signs in their place. My policy is if the sign is not legal, then I ignore it and do not educate the owner on their ignorance. I am not in the habit of letting people other then close friends and family know that I carry a gun anyway.
My brother in law enforcement interprets that unless it is posted with a 30.06 sign it is not enforecable, but in my case I did not want a situation happening where they might detain me, for violating their unenforcable sign.
If they give me proper notice, oral, written or otherwise, then I will not
carry there, but I will terminate the medical provider's services that my
daughter gets there.

I don't think however, we should violate the owner's intent just because their sign is not legal notice, and I would rather respect the owner's
intent, and get services from somewhere else.

Someone mentioned that maybe the reason the 30.06 signs have not
gone up, it might be that some of the doctors carry. I had not thought
about that, but I think that maybe this issue had not been addressed.
I know in Texas, hospitals as well as a number of other government
entities prohibited CWP holders from carrying but SB 501 removed the
right from some of them to do that. I don't know if the hospital falls
into that category. The lady I am in contact with seems very receptive
to the issues I have raised, and I am not trying to cause them a problem.
I just need an answer. I did not like someone from there having a police officer contact me, but it might not have been her. Could have been some
anti gun person who overheard her conversation on the phone with me.

I endure this at Federal VA facilities, but at least when it comes to civilian medical care, I can vote with my feet.

Page generated in 0.02096 seconds with 8 queries