View Single Post
Old January 6, 2011, 10:52 PM   #64
Gbro

Link to part 1 video.
Al Norris

Quote:
Would someone care to summarize all the points of the OP?I'm asking, because this thread really hasn't looked at what the law is about, in the context of the OP,
The OP asks
Quote:
In the second part of the video, the officer tells the wife that if she won't consent to a search then they will seize the house until they can get a warrant. Is that legal?

Quote:
Post #19 By Conn. Trooper
Usually we will sweep the residence for any people that can be destroying evidence. Once everybody is out they can wait at the scene, in their car (if it's not part of the search) or wherever. Once the warrant is in hand we can enter and search, or if the warrant is denied, we don't search.
I think Conn Trooper covered this very well. This would be securing.

There may be a little terminology issue here and the word secure could have been used in place of seize.
But then I do not think it is a crime for a LEO to falsely say something even though It would be for a citizen.

And I have found nothing but scuttlebutt as to this being a "Cross Bow". That is why I only refereed to the weapon as a Bow & Arrows" (and this is from the news media).

Last edited by Gbro; January 6, 2011 at 11:17 PM.

Page generated in 0.03640 seconds with 8 queries