View Single Post
Old March 26, 2010, 11:01 PM   #1
usmcxd

Bond Arms Derringers - Snake Slayer VS Ranger

HELP PLEASE!!!

I've looked around and I've not seen much listed recently on the Bond Arms "Derringers" as it relates to the opinions of their construction, experience with durability, recoil, practicality, different barrels, etc.

I've seen the Snake Slayer 3.5", the Snake Slayer 4.25", as well as the Ranger 4.25". I've noted these because of their "Extended Grips" which really make a difference when considering the size of my hands.

Here are a few questions that I have for those of you who can reflect and respond: (When responding, please provide which BA revolver you own)

1.) What is the recoil like between the 3.5" and the 4.25" barrels? Is it really measurable?

2.) What is the overall rating and thoughts on the 45 Colt / 410 barrel? What is the maximum effective distance that you've been able to note thus far with the 410 round (and which 410 shot were you using)? How did the 45 Colt round handle?

3.) Trigger guard make a big difference? I know it is mainly a personal preference, but just curious what most are preferring out there.

4.) What type of holster carry options are you using with your Bond Arms Derringer of choice? IWB, OWB, Driving Concealed Holster style,etc.?

5.) Carry extra shells / rounds with you? If so, how do you carry them (speed strips, loose, belt strip, holster with extra round loops, etc.)?

6.) Overall rating of Bond Arms service and response times on any issues that you may have had with your BA revolver?

7.) Feel free to share any other thoughts, observations, issues, or complaints that you have on these interesting little pocket canons.

Thank you for your time and consideration in sharing here.

Page generated in 0.02542 seconds with 8 queries