View Single Post
Old January 10, 2013, 10:30 PM   #69
Blue Duck

I say use whatever gun you want, and price does not guarantee reliability. I have had high dollar guns that did not work right, and cheap guns that did.

As an example I have a couple of little keltec's that work 100%, but spent $600 on a little Sig .380 that was a jamming piece of crap. Then I ended up getting a couple of used Colt .380's that have never jammed and shoot accurate as heck.

It turns out that the little Sig .380 (Colt Mustang copy) is a hit or miss deal. My buddy bought one and loved it, mine was a jammer, but my original Colt Government .380 and my Mustang Pocketlite work flawlessly with all brands of ammo, so far that I have tried, as do my Keltec's.

My friends total up 3 Kimber II's 1911's that all developed bent firing pins, we replaced them with aftermarket firing pins and no more problems. I felt there was a pattern there, so I didn't wait, I went ahead and changed out my Kimber's firing pin. Of course we know Kimbers have a lot of MIN parts and some do break with hard use or maybe not so hard use, and these are fairly expensive guns, but basically good frames and slides.

There's plenty of stuff out there like that. Just like the Rossi 92's, pretty good guns after they have been slicked up, but out of the box, a crap shoot, and will likely give problems, and the those 1887 leveraction shotgun imports, rough as heck out of the box, but they are cheap, more or less. Might as well tell it like it is.

Page generated in 0.03577 seconds with 8 queries