View Single Post
Old January 7, 2013, 11:18 PM   #60
jimbob86

Quote:
Totally disagree.

If someone buys a gun he can afford and it's less than top quality and he takes it to the range, practices with it, tests it with his ammo of choice and it performs reliably to the point of being ok to carry for SD then the name on the gun makes little difference at that point in time.

The same steps also need to be done with any of the mainstream SD guns because you have to make sure IT is reliable as well. Just because a gun is inexpensive does not mean it can't be trusted for SD. It just needs to be tested first, like any gun you buy.
I'll go further and disagree with you, as well: Some folks may not have enough money to do more than dry fire for practice.... Is a gun, any gun, and ammo, even FMJ, not better than "Please don't kill me, take whatever (even though I can't afford to replace anything, and NEED everything I have!)?

I'd bet the Geargia mom who dumped 5 of 6 rounds of .38's into the head/neck of the home invader this week (the one that's all over the news now) did not use $1+-a-pop premium +p personal defense loads..... but what she had worked just fine........ and beat "Please don't kill us, Mr. home invader." all to hell and gone.

Page generated in 0.03656 seconds with 8 queries