View Single Post
Old August 9, 2007, 09:14 PM   #53
Fremmer

Yeah, I'm telling you, the groundhogs here are tough and agressive. One time, we were deerhunting and walking along a trial. As we came around a curve, we unexpectedly encountered a mamma goundhog and her two groundhog babies. Mamma groundhog instantly charged us. My friend had a 7mm Win Mag, and he got off the first shot, but it didn't even penetrate mamma groundhog's hide. In an instant, mamma groundhog was all over my friend, gnawing at his face and making strange mamma groundhog growling sounds. I couldn't shoot, and I only had a .308 anyway, so I dropped my rifle, and grabbed my 10" buck hunting knife. I plunged the knife into the groundhog's hide, but the blade didn't even penetrate; instead, it broke in half, and all I could do was back away a few feet. By this time, my friend had stopped screaming, and was laying motionless in a pool of his own blood. Mamma groundhog stopped gnawing at his neck, and slowly turned to look at me, with shiney red eyes and blood dripping from her fangs...

Page generated in 0.03675 seconds with 8 queries