View Single Post
Old January 26, 2014, 04:15 PM   #6
johnm1

That was a thought. I went back and tried to talk with the guy again but he had a line of people he was dealing with. He seemed to believe it was Bulgarian but I can't for the life of me see why. His example of a circled B on the side of the barrel didn't really pan out as correct. Though for all we know, he may have some better information than is published.

The scrubbed eagle was replaced by another eagle close to what the Russian Eagle looked like. But not quite. I have tried to find a photograph of the eagle that was put on the rifle but to no avail. Had he not been so busy I was going to ask if he knew what eagle was stamped over the Russian imperial eagle. I would need some additional research time to figure this one out and just can't expend the time right now. (I am actually back at work and should have been since early this morning)

I'm going to let this one pass. It was a decent example of a 1916 M1891 that has had the imperial eagle scrubbed and replaced by an unknown entity. And it was probably worth what he was asking.

Thanks for all the help.

Page generated in 0.02087 seconds with 8 queries