View Single Post
Old November 1, 2013, 08:14 AM   #55
thedudeabides

Quote:
This ridiculous allegation doesn't go very far in establishing your credibility in my mind. In my experience, SIG 1911 pistols are no more or less reliable and accurate as any other equivalent Model 1911 pistol that I've shot-and I've shot more than my fair share of them over the past several decades.
Sig has had a run of bad 1911s lately, with overly tight chamber dimensions that result in FTRTFB, chipping 'kote jobs on their Scorpions, and other QC problems. The Sig forums on certain 1911 web sites are full of complaints, almost as much as Kimber.

I have also owned and shot 1911s of every flavor for about 20 years, and honestly my 1911 Scorpion left me feeling very lacking, since it had the tight chamber, chipping 'kote, AND misaligned sights from the factory. Couple the fact that Sig wants to make a better mousetrap with the external extractor and their squared off slide doesn't fit any of my 1911 holsters meant the Sig was sold not long after I finally managed to get Sig to fix it.

I have had problems with other 1911s, but most have been very minor, easy to fix, and no gun had several large glaring issues that should have been addressed at the factory.

I have owned and shot several Sigs. I think they should stick to making ONLY the P220, P226, and P229 guns--since that is the only product line they can reliably make without messing up. Sig needs to narrow their product line, since they think they can do everything well. They can't. Or just make a solid 1911 design with a proper slide, extractor, and internals. No one will fault them for starting over.

Page generated in 0.03924 seconds with 8 queries