Thread: Savage vs CZ
View Single Post
Old November 8, 2012, 08:57 AM   #3
Rimfire5

I have a CZ 527 Vamint barrel with the Kevlar stock and a 1:9 twist barrel and includes a set trigger.
It is very accurate with bullet weights from 40 grains to 69 grains.
By very accurate I mean averaging 0.379 for 260 groups of its best 25 hand loads and .336 for its best 10 hand loads. Mine has over 3000 rounds through it and still is shooting as accurately as it did when I opened the box.

Two of my range buddies each have a Savage 10 FCP-K with Accu-stock and Accu-trigger and also with the heavy barrel. They were slightly cheaper than the CZ Varmint (about $100).

They two are very accurate averaging 0.388 for their top 25 hand loads and 0.328 for their top 10 hand loads. Their rifles are still pretty new so they haven't stretched the envelope with the wide range of bullet weights as much as I have, but they shoot just as well as the CZ in my opinion.

All three rifles were accurate out of the box and none of us have modified anything. They just shot lights out from the first group and seem to have gotten better with age.

Based upon our experience, I recommentd that you buy either the CZ or the Law Enforcement model of the Savage, which ever you prefer, and I think you'll be happy with either of them.

By the way, all three of us also have a Savage 10 FP and 10 FCP-K in .308 and they also shoot really well also, so what you have heard about Savage accuracy seems to be true.

Page generated in 0.01998 seconds with 8 queries