View Single Post
Old June 7, 2012, 10:11 AM   #18
F. Guffey

Again, measure before and again after, then the advise on setting up the RCBS primer pocket swage, sounds great, but, the information provided leaves too much to be assumed, the case head thickness of 30/06 military cases is not the same, I suggest measuring case head thickness first, separate by case head thickness, then adjust the swage die for different thickness.

I purchased 2 boxes of assorted reloading equipment, 40 lbs. for $20.00, in the assortment was a (like new) die stamped RCBS PPS, anyhow, I have a few pieces going back to RCBS, I believe I will add it to the next shipment.
Again, there were a few Lee dies in the mix, it appeared to be a one up-man-ship event, I started removing the Lee dies in an effort to allow him to sell them to someone else, he insisted I take the Lee dies because he threw them in as a bonus.

And in the old days before the Internet Hatcher, in his writings wrote the crimp never slowed him down, he claimed he used his pocket knife to trim the roll over at the primer pocket opening.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02366 seconds with 8 queries