View Single Post
Old October 25, 2012, 02:07 PM   #27
pastortim

i have a Dillon 550 and a Hornady LNL, i like both presses, i have ran 25,000+ rounds of 45acp thru the Hornady and have had no problems with the press, (the few problems i did have when i first got it were of my own doing) and all the orginal parts are still on the press, i also have the Hornady case feeder on the press it was very easy to set up and has given no trouble, as far as the divit under the primer seater it has not gotten any bigger than it was after about 1000 rounds

As for the Dillon 550, i have loaded well over 15,000 rounds on it and just like the Hornady i have had zero problems with it, i bought this press used and when i got it, i replaced a few parts that looked to be worn, but, other than that nothing has broken or given trouble, i also have a case feeder on this press, it too was very easy to install and works great, i think i like the simpler design on the Dillon case feeder a little better, the only knock on the Dillon case feeder on the 550 is that it does make it a little harder to put brass in the shell plate by hand, it is not a big problem, but it is a little in the way,

i know that every manufacturer can sell a lemon occasionally but i have heard nothing but good things about both Dillon and Hornady customer service so if you get one of these presses and have trouble, give them a call im sure they will make it right

i would recommend either of these presses, but, if i had to pick a favorite it would be the Hornady hands down, it is a great design and a precision piece of equipment that will really spit-out the ammo

Page generated in 0.02763 seconds with 8 queries