View Single Post
Old June 3, 2011, 10:29 AM   #7
Doodlebugger45

I'm not sure what the annealing step might have done in regards to the inconsistent tensions. I don't anneal so I just don't know. However, it can take a few cases to get used to the Lee neck sizer. The first time I tried to use mine, I got zero sizing at all. I measured the ID of the neck, put it through the sizer and measured again and it was exactly the same. I did that several times. I took the dang thing apart to see if there was anything wrong, couldn't see anything so screwed it back together. Tried it a few more times and it was working just fine.

A couple things to check on.

Use your calipers and measure the inside diameter of the neck before and after. It doesn't size them down nearly as much as a regular FL sizer does to the necks. Mine go from 0.312" down to 0.307" after sizing.

Forget about what Lee says regarding the 25 lbs of force. You need to really mash down on the sucker hard. Like you, I push down as hard as I can, hold it a second, release it, partially turn the case and mash on it hard again.

I tried it with the suggested one turn at first, but it seemed to do better after I gave it another half turn.

Page generated in 0.02306 seconds with 8 queries