View Single Post
Old December 19, 2009, 10:22 AM   #36
rauke

Another recommendation...

Hello, Lord of War!

I can sympathize with your issues, especially when it comes to trying to protect family members who don't exactly appreciate the risks, and the fact that you're actually trying to protect them.

I don't know whether it's legal in Pakistan, but when ever I travel in the Philippines, I insist on using a large van with very dark tint on all the external glass, including the windscreen. If I stand outside the vehicle and can see the driver, or can count the number of occupants in the vehicle, I refuse to use it. While going about in such a heavily-tinted vehicle presents its own set of problems at night (reduced visibility), I much prefer it to becoming a sitting duck.

This simple precaution makes it impossible for any one without very up-to-the-minute intel to know exactly how many people are in the van, and where the intended targets are positioned (excepting the driver).

Some times I sit in row 2, other times in row 3, just to give me more visibility and room to maneuver in case a scenario like the one you mentioned takes place.

Like you, I also prefer the Glock as my final option.

Just some thing to think about when a Level 7 bulletproof vehicle isn't readily available...

Page generated in 0.02213 seconds with 8 queries