Thread: Carry at Work
View Single Post
Old October 28, 2013, 10:40 PM   #46
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo
As others have mentioned, we're not exactly in a booming job market, and things are tough all around. For any decent job, there are going to be a numerous applicants. If I'm the hiring manager for a company, and Bob makes a stink out of the no-guns policy, I'm probably going to pass him over for another applicant with similar qualifications.

Walkouts wouldn't work either. There just aren't enough of us in a position to have an impact on corporations or human resource departments to the point they question their policies. In fact, many would simply say, "well, Bob seemed like a bad apple anyway. We're best rid of him."
Tom, you are probably 100 percent correct. That said ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund Burke
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
In other words -- ya can't win if ya don't even try.

Nonetheless, I completely recognize that whether or not to quit (or decline) a paying job over a matter of principle is a highly personal decision. Which means, for those who would not have chosen as I did, that my decision may be different from yours but that doesn't make my decision "wrong."

Page generated in 0.02462 seconds with 8 queries