View Single Post
Old April 18, 2013, 03:26 PM   #28
dgludwig

Quote:
25yrs of shooting, buying, selling and testing revolvers and extensive research.
I could have cited my fifty years or so of sending hundreds of pounds of lead down-range, competing in many diversified shooting disciplines (including Bullseye matches, re-qualification drills, various "combat" course of fires and trap shooting) as evidence that I know what I'm talking about, but I didn't because "argument by experience" has been defined as a "false argument". Just because you do a lot of things a lot of times doesn't necessarily translate into the rightness of your position. Experience is a valuable asset when it comes to adopting an opinion but it's not definitive in and of itself. Logic and empirical data best supports a case.
NoSecondBest posted "You've expressed an opinion. Now show the proof". Proof, not your opinions, of which includes this unsupported claim: "Anybody with a thimbleful of knowledge about revolvers knows that nothing compares to an FA." Prove it-and not with anecdotal hearsay nor your beliefs predicated on "experience". Prove your assertions with objective verifications.

Quote:
Like I said, I've never seen a factory DA that will shoot 1-2 MOA. If they did, we wouldn't be sinking $2000 into FA's or $2500 into full custom Rugers. S&W and Colt DA's are chambered conventionally and while they have decent barrels, they are simply not the precision engineered machines FA's are. They do not linebore their chambers. Cylinders are not fitted particularly tight either... nothing compares to an FA. They are as close to perfect as a revolver can be and still be affordable. So all the wishful thinking and bullseye scores in the world aren't going to change that. If all you can say is that "they don't shoot them at Camp Perry", you don't have much to say and are probably making a lot of ignorant assumptions.
Serious Bullseye competitors at the Masters level think nothing of sinking thousands of dollars into equipment that they feel will help them win a match. There's not a whole lot of difference in terms of scores (generally decided by who has the most x's) between winners and runner-ups. If most any of them thought that shooting an FA revolver would enhance their scores, even a little bit, you'd see a lot of FAs on the line. But, of course, you don't...

Page generated in 0.02488 seconds with 8 queries